So you've gone through our Intro to Welding course and you're ready for the next step. You know the difference between MIG, TIG, Stick, and Arc Welding and you're ready to hone in on your specific style. For you, it's TIG
Maybe you already understand welding and were just waiting for the Basic TIG workshop to come around. Either way, we'll get you going and before you know it, you'll be making beautiful little welds you can barely see!
You'll be back in the Standard Moto co-op workshop with Cody again going through the Basics of TIG welding in this workshop. More in-depth than Intro to Welding and with much more hands-on. You’ll learn how to properly stick two pieces of metal together. (Don't worry, making it look good comes later!)
WORKSHOP DETAILS |
- FITTING: Good fitment is critical before tacking with a TIG.
- MATERIAL PREP: Removing crud, oils, and mill scale.
- BODY POSITIONING: Getting comfortable in position, makeshift steady rest.
- PRACTICAL TACKS: Nozzle direction, operating the foot pedal, working the material.
- FITTING AFTER TACK: Keep your gap nice and tight.
- BASIC WELDING: Learn to sweat two pieces of material together, get comfortable working the puddle.
Slots are limited and must be pre-booked. If you're interested, complete the form below or talk with one of our staff members the next time you're at the co-op and we'll get you booked!
Individual Classes : $120/class
Welding Basics + MIG or TIG Basic, Intermediate & Advanced : $110/class
Welding Basics + MIG & TIG Basic, Intermediate & Advanced :$100/class
NOTE : Co-op Members receive a 10% discount on classes.